9 July 2015

Sitecore 8 Upload Zip File with Unpack options broken

Interresting topic for the day. I went on a client side for a training today and I show Sitecore capability for batch upload. Which I used quite all the time on Sitecore 7. So quite confidently, I decided to go ahead and demo it on the fly. Well unfortunately for me this did not go as planned...

I prepared my zip files with the different images, folder and subfolders



Went to the media library to upload the Zip file


Selected the unpack option


And... quite abbarassing


Well this has been reported as a bug and the workaround has been provided. If you face the same issue, you will need to edit the content of the MediaFolder.js file in the location /Website/Sitecore/Shell/Applications/Media/MediaFolder 
replace the line 320 with the following:



 //Sitecore.Support.439231
    this.yUploader.upload(file, this.destination, params);
 //Sitecore.Support.439231
 


1 comment:

  1. You have made nice post but you can know more about 7-zip (compressor/extractor) it at:
    https://basusoftgame.blogspot.com/2017/12/7-Zip-Unzip-file-for-Windows.html

    ReplyDelete